Monday, August 06, 2007

Hal :: My Eyes Are Sore

My eyes are sore
Too many tears gone and fall over you my girl
And happiness isn't for sure

Once you get what you're looking for













Hal, "My Eyes Are Sore"

Hal is a band, not a person. Just want to get that out of the way. This was definitely one of my favorite CDs of 2005 (I think it was 2005?) Super Beatles-esque Brit band that has the full blown wall of sound thing down. All the songs are gorgeous pop orchestrations that sound amazing on headphones. This song's lyrics are simple and sad, but the way they are executed is uplifting and makes me want to dance all flitty up the walls like a little fairy girl. This song isn't even one of my faves from the CD which is chock full of gems. I love the song "Coming Right Over" and when I am down, if I put it on loud and then louder still, it will always cheer me up. A highly recommended CD if you like your pop British, sugar pop sweet and lush like a snow white angora rabbit in a purple velvet coat.

More about Hal

And I apologize, I totally stole that picture of Hal from this flicker account.

No comments: