Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Stars: Your Ex-Lover Is Dead

There's one thing I want to say,
so I'll be brave

You were what I wanted

I gave what I gave

I'm not sorry I met you
I'm not sorry it's over

I'm not sorry there's nothing to save















Stars, "Your Ex-Lover is Dead"

More Oh Canada fawning. A pretty but potentially stinging song, with vocals from both Amy Millan and Torquil Campbell (who both have performed as part of Broken Social Scene, fyi) and plenty of the lush orchestration they're known for. This is from their 04 Canada / 05 US release, "Set Yourself on Fire".

What's the song about exactly? Could never say it as well as they do (this, from their website, regarding the song): [It's] a call-and-response story of half-regret, of seeing someone you once f&*%ed at a party, knowing they never hurt you the way they could've, and feeling awkward, hateful and oddly wistful about it.

Amy Millan had a solo release last year. I thought it was okay. A new CD is due from the band in 07.

More about Stars :: Full lyrics to this song :: Buy the CD :: Amy Millan's solo

No comments: