Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin :: House Fire

We did what we could
To save this house from falling
But it burns because it's wood
And now you’ll never call me darling










Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, "House Fire"

There was a lot of hype about this band and in all honesty, I ignored it because I assumed from their name that they were either one of those bands that boys like that I just don't get or that they were electronica which you know I have a yearly quota for and anything over that just sounds the same and bored me to tears but see, I was wrong, as I often am, on both counts. They're very much a touchy-feely band with songs about love and lost love and turns out, according to one interview I read, were mostly owritten for one of the guy's exes. So there you go. I was way wrong. This song is pretty in an indie rock, we're on the OC sort of way. I have an annual quota for those types of songs too, but I haven't filled it just yet.

SSLYBY on Daytrotter :: More about SSLYBY

No comments: