Monday, April 16, 2007

Maia Hirasawa :: And I Found This Boy

We talked about life
We talked about time
We talked about me
While he was looking around
He was searching for something new and exciting
While I was standing there right in front of him - hello!








Maia Hirasawa, "And I Found This Boy"

Don't say I'm desperate, I'm not! The best line - but unfortunately I have no idea what she's saying before or after that line so I didn't lead in with it. In fact, I'm guessing about all the lyrics to this song, she just has a few mouthfuls, a couple of complicated turns-of-phrases and with the slight accent (she's from Sweden, and is in Hello Saferide, too), well it's all too adorable. I love the back-up singers on this track too. It reminds me of Esthero's "Everyday Is a Holiday (With You)" although that one is all about rainbows and unicorns and love and how wonderful life is and well it's not, by any stretch of the imagination, a break-up song. Quite the opposite. So this song is, I think, about how she's looking for someone, even for one night (that part of the lyrics, I got) and she finds this boy, but not only does he have a girlfriend but he knows all about her exes. Am I right? I dunno. It's hard to follow, but I love this song, it's so filled with life and vigor and energy and girlish charm, and even though the video is her and a guy in a giant rat suit in a men's bathroom, I still envision a whole Singing in the Rain dance number on some wet foreign street - with canes!- when I hear it. This CD will most definitely end up on my top ten of 2007, and I can say that with confidence even though it's only April. It's all good!

More about Maia Hirasawa :: More About Hello Saferide :: Buy this CD!

No comments: