Friday, April 13, 2007

Pelle Carlberg :: Clever Girls Like Clever Boys Much More Than Clever Boys Like Clever Girls

You should have listened to what Momma said
And walked away with someone else instead

You should have listened to what Grandma said

And married someone more like Fred



















Pelle Carlberg, "Clever Girls Like Clever Boys Much More Than Clever Boys Like Clever Girls"

Yesterday French, today Swedish. Pelle Carlberg makes delightful pop music, I hear he's quite well known and popular in his country and I get it. Everyone sights early Belle and Sebastian when speaking of him. Who cares, it's not like B&S created the concept of lush pop songs, they only perfected them. And frankly, Mr. Carlberg (he looks like a Mister, no?) writes exquisite lyrics and zinger song titles. "I Love You, You Imbecile" and "Go To Hell, Miss Rydell" and "How I Broke My Foot and Met Jesus" to name just a few.

This starts with those shakers and hand claps - ohh wee! I can't say enough about hand claps. Now the sentiment is a bit, well, daggy, I mean, clever boys like clever girls don't they? Of course they do. But not with the frequency as us smart girls, sadly. And certainly not in their early years. Oh those painful early years!

Pelle Carlberg's Website :: Labrador, his label

No comments: