Thursday, January 04, 2007

Camera Obscura: Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken

Jealousy is more than a word now -- I understand

I know you can stay a girl by holding a boy’s hand















Camera Obscura, "Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken"

Back in 1984, British singer Lloyd Cole sang the question, "Are you ready to be heartbroken?" Fast forward many years and Glasgow band Camera Obscura replies with bittersweet joy and lithe layered girl vocals! The rest of this CD "Let's Get Out of This Country" is also sad sugar pop with jangly guitars and overly lush strings and the lyrics are sly and heart-breaking and funny, too. Anyway, despite it not being exactly a break-up song, it is a song about the power of music, which I think is just as applicable here and now as any kiss-off song.

All the lyrics :: Lloyd Cole lyrics :: More about Camera Obscura

No comments: