Friday, March 02, 2007

Journey : Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'

It won't be long, yes till you're alone
When your lover, oh, he hasn't come home

Cause he's lovin' oohh, he's touchin',

He's squeezin' another



















Journey, "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'"

I needed to finish out this week with some stinky cheese. I hope I don't reveal that I am way old if I tell you that I actually ached for a boy with the help of this song when it came out. But I was a wee tot then, barely old enough to ache for a boy. The drama of the 80s is so damn enviable. I mean there was no pretense of intellect or art, it was just about the vengeful whine, the painful, vengeful whine. If you're really getting over someone right here, right now, I really and truly suggest this song because it will cut to the chase, it will squeeze every bit of lingering pain from your bones till you're standing in a puddle of it. Or a puddle of water on your bathroom floor, because seriously, this is a total sing-in-the-shower-tune. C'mon everybody Nanananana nana nana nana nanananana.

Oh and can you name another song with three -in' words?

No comments: